Surprisingly enough, there are not many online reviews for JDOT makeup yet. Note is a Turkish beauty brand whose official distributors in Pakistan is JDOT by Junaid Jamshed. We decided to try the most of the products from the range to see how the cosmetic products wear throughout the day. The line is pricey, but we did find some gems. Here are our top picks from the entire makeup line:
1. Luminous Moisturizing Foundation
Where the foundation was concerned, the brand only manufactures two shades, both of which are pretty light. It would be nice if locally available products have a wide spectrum of shades given that people of all skin tones are found in Karachi and Pakistan. We decided to try 01, the lightest shade.
The foundation does have SPF 16, which means you can skip applying sunscreen underneath your makeup. The formula itself is pretty moisturizing, and provides for a medium – full coverage. If applied with a damp makeup sponge, you can achieve a very natural and sheer looking base too (for the no-makeup makeup days!) For the price, we would have preferred a pump, but the packaging used for the squeeze tube is pretty solid and doesn’t feel flimsy or cheap.
Overall, it’s a pretty good foundation and is priced at Rs. 1485.
2. BB Cream in 02
The BB cream comes in three shades; 01, 02 and 03. The formula is smooth, and glides on very easily. It is perfect for those who want coverage every single day but don’t want to commit daily to a full coverage, possible cakey base. It’s easy to create a natural makeup look with this, but it sets fairly quickly, which makes it great for layering as well, to increase the coverage. It claims to be paraben-free and dermatologically tested, which is another plus.
Priced at Rs. 1285
3. Luminous Silk Compact Powder in 04 SAND
The packaging of the compacts is really nice, with a big mirror and a sturdy pan. It also provides a sponge for application. The only disadvantage of the packaging might be that it may be too big for your makeup/travel pouch. It’s a yellow-based face powder. It is very finely milled, which means that it does not look cakey when applied. The powder provides decent coverage, and is great for under eye brightening as well.
Priced at Rs. 1185
4. Rich Color Lipstick in Merlot
This is a classic red shade. The formula is very creamy and smooth, and it feels comfortable on the lips. It doesn’t set immediately though, so you might experience a little bit of bleeding or feel it move around a little. However, it is a rich and opaque red and although the price is a bit steep for a local product, the formula justifies it. It doesn’t set to a matte finish, but is not overly shiny either. A good red to invest in. It’s our favorite from the line, but the nude shade is just as lovely!
Priced at Rs. 685
5. Ultra Rich Color Eye Pencil in Black 01
This eye pencil’s formula is very creamy and the color pay off is great. It is a true jet black, and the longevity is great too. We recommend patting on some black eye shadow over it when you apply it to the waterline for it to last even longer. The only con is that it needs to be sharpened regularly and doesn’t come in the twist-up tube that makes life so much easier!
Priced at Rs. 550
Cover up: BB cream VS foundation
There is a lot of chatter around BB creams and foundations and which one is better for every day. While every skin type is unique and has its own preference, we break down the basic difference between BB creams and foundation to help you pick your look and save up on time and money.
- BB creams are better for AM looks when you’re half asleep and on a time crunch. Only 10 minutes to get up and glow? Go for a BB cream because they are both a time-saver and impossible to mess up. Whether you go heavy or light-handed on BB cream, you will never end up looking like a hastily prepared cake. Foundations, on the other hand, are more of a nighttime partner when you have your sweet time to glow up!
- BB creams pack coverage, UV protection and skincare into one so you don’t have to pile up on different products and suffocate your pores – an ideal choice for the busy woman who doesn’t have time for layering. Foundations give you heavy coverage and ideal for the girl who likes her makeup to look like makeup.
- BB creams help you achieve that au natural (no makeup, makeup) look while foundations go for more of a just-jumped-out-of-Photoshop look. Depends on what look you want to wear for the occasion.
- When it comes to application, BB creams are best applied with fingers while foundations require some serious dedication and a faithful beauty blender/brush.
- BB creams give you sheer to medium to keep things natural and light, eliminate the oiliness and cakiness that comes with heavy foundations, Our favourite is Fair & Lovely BB cream that not only gives you a hit of hydration, medium coverage, SPF and other skin-loving ingredients but is also super easy on the pocket. Foundations on the other hand are usually towards the pricier side of the spectrum and offer a wide range of shades for you to choose from.
Instagram That: The return of crystal makeup
A trend that rose back in the late 90s, Crytal Makeup has re-emerged from the ashes by making an appearance at many high fashion shows such as Dior and Givenchy. A trend embraced by many 90s icons such Gwen Stefani and Christina Aguilera, crystal makeup has taken a U-turn and is slowly becoming the hottest trend on Instagram with bloggers and MUAs flaunting their versions of the fad on their respective accounts. With so many hype around, we obviously wanted to give it a shot and we have narrowed it down to 4 ways you can follow this trend and ace it. Whether you’re someone who likes to stand out like a flamboyant peacock (ain’t nothing wrong about that) or someone who likes to take the understated yet trendy route, crystal makeup has a little, sparkly something for everyone.
Here’s is how you can adopt this trend and up your fashion game
Ditch the eyeliner and line your eyelid with small crystals. Whether you want to go OTT with the entire eyelash line embellished with crystals or want to keep it subtle by only sticking the crystals on the outer corners of the eyes, is upto you. Our favourite is spreading not more than 3 crystals over the entire lashline.
If you like to keep your eyes au natural you can glue a tiny sparkle or a couple if you’re feeling adventurous on your cheek bone for an instant pop. The best thing about this look is that from a distance the sparkle actually looks like a Cindy Crawford-ish beauty mark. Win-win we’d say!
We have all had those days when our hair is on-point, our skin looks flawless and every angle is display picture worthy! Celebrate such good days by gluing crystals above your eyebrows all the way to the centre of your forehead to really embrace those ‘I’m a flawless princess’ vibes (we’ve all been there and felt that, don’t be coy).
Dial up the drama
This one is for all the ladies out there who like to be out there and steal the show with all that razzle dazzle. Make winged eyeliner and then cover the liner with crystals of any colour of your choice and enjoy the attention.