Cover up: BB cream VS foundation
There is a lot of chatter around BB creams and foundations and which one is better for every day. While every skin type is unique and has its own preference, we break down the basic difference between BB creams and foundation to help you pick your look and save up on time and money.
- BB creams are better for AM looks when you’re half asleep and on a time crunch. Only 10 minutes to get up and glow? Go for a BB cream because they are both a time-saver and impossible to mess up. Whether you go heavy or light-handed on BB cream, you will never end up looking like a hastily prepared cake. Foundations, on the other hand, are more of a nighttime partner when you have your sweet time to glow up!
- BB creams pack coverage, UV protection and skincare into one so you don’t have to pile up on different products and suffocate your pores – an ideal choice for the busy woman who doesn’t have time for layering. Foundations give you heavy coverage and ideal for the girl who likes her makeup to look like makeup.
- BB creams help you achieve that au natural (no makeup, makeup) look while foundations go for more of a just-jumped-out-of-Photoshop look. Depends on what look you want to wear for the occasion.
- When it comes to application, BB creams are best applied with fingers while foundations require some serious dedication and a faithful beauty blender/brush.
- BB creams give you sheer to medium to keep things natural and light, eliminate the oiliness and cakiness that comes with heavy foundations, Our favourite is Fair & Lovely BB cream that not only gives you a hit of hydration, medium coverage, SPF and other skin-loving ingredients but is also super easy on the pocket. Foundations on the other hand are usually towards the pricier side of the spectrum and offer a wide range of shades for you to choose from.
Instagram That: The return of crystal makeup
A trend that rose back in the late 90s, Crytal Makeup has re-emerged from the ashes by making an appearance at many high fashion shows such as Dior and Givenchy. A trend embraced by many 90s icons such Gwen Stefani and Christina Aguilera, crystal makeup has taken a U-turn and is slowly becoming the hottest trend on Instagram with bloggers and MUAs flaunting their versions of the fad on their respective accounts. With so many hype around, we obviously wanted to give it a shot and we have narrowed it down to 4 ways you can follow this trend and ace it. Whether you’re someone who likes to stand out like a flamboyant peacock (ain’t nothing wrong about that) or someone who likes to take the understated yet trendy route, crystal makeup has a little, sparkly something for everyone.
Here’s is how you can adopt this trend and up your fashion game
Ditch the eyeliner and line your eyelid with small crystals. Whether you want to go OTT with the entire eyelash line embellished with crystals or want to keep it subtle by only sticking the crystals on the outer corners of the eyes, is upto you. Our favourite is spreading not more than 3 crystals over the entire lashline.
If you like to keep your eyes au natural you can glue a tiny sparkle or a couple if you’re feeling adventurous on your cheek bone for an instant pop. The best thing about this look is that from a distance the sparkle actually looks like a Cindy Crawford-ish beauty mark. Win-win we’d say!
We have all had those days when our hair is on-point, our skin looks flawless and every angle is display picture worthy! Celebrate such good days by gluing crystals above your eyebrows all the way to the centre of your forehead to really embrace those ‘I’m a flawless princess’ vibes (we’ve all been there and felt that, don’t be coy).
Dial up the drama
This one is for all the ladies out there who like to be out there and steal the show with all that razzle dazzle. Make winged eyeliner and then cover the liner with crystals of any colour of your choice and enjoy the attention.