If your skin is recovering from a bad phase of angry acne or is generally textured and bumpy, chances are you haven’t been introduced to the magical powers of Tamarind yet. The sour, tangy fruit we are oh-so- fond of in our food is actually equally good for our face when applied tropically. Why you ask? Tamarind seeds contain ingredients that could give hydraluronic acid (that is all the rage these days in subcontinental as well as Korean beauty world) a run for its money along with a plethora of skin-lovin’ minerals and vitamins.
1) Tamarind seeds contain phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin c, potassium, calcium and amino acids hence they are packed with an unbelievable power to act as a moisture magnet and replenish moisture into your skin, thereby, resulting in a smoother, wrinkle – free, acne-free skin.
2) Tamarind is rich in alpha hydroxy acids also known as AHA which are ideal for removing skin's impurities and deep-seated dirt and giving it that glowing, just polished look.
3) It acts as a bleaching agent and helps in brightening the overall complexion and is hence a much safer and effective alternative to chemically-treated bleaches that are way too harsh for your sensitive skin.
4) The alpha hydroxy acids also help in removing pigmentation marks, dark spots as well as acne scars and do a fabulous job and busting those pesky under-your- skin whiteheads and bumps that aren’t exactly pimples but refuse to go away no matter how much you scrub.
5) Tamarind is packed with vitamin C, enzyme, vitamin B , Vitamin A to remove dead skin layers effectively and bring out fresher layers of your skin to the surface and improving the overall texture of your skin while keeping inflammation at bay.
Tip of the day: Tamarind the toner!
Boil tamarind and remove the pulp. Put one teaspoon of tamarind pulp in spritz bottle, add cold water and shake well. Keep it in the fridge and use generously like toner whenever you feel like.
Age is just a number: Tips for women with mature skin
Don’t let fine lines, wrinkles, age spots and crow’s feet dull your shine. We’ve outlined the five basic changes you need to make in your life today for healthy, youthful looking skin.
Use an egg white mask
Egg white is packed with omega-3 fatty acids, proteins, and zinc, making it a tried and tested anti-aging beauty trick. It is known to tighten the pores leaving your skin firm and smooth. Take a teaspoon of honey and one raw egg (just the white – no yolk), and mix it till you have a smooth and consistent texture. Spread this mask onto your face and neck and relax for fifteen minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water and pat your skin dry with a clean towel.
Invest in a good anti-aging day cream
After the age of 25, your skin needs a bit more TLC. Invest in a good day moisturizer with anti-aging properties. Try Pond’s Age Miracle for a hydration boost and to prevent fine lines and wrinkles before time.
Use a cream blush and highlighter
Nothing says youthful glow than a flush across the cheeks and that lit-from-within glow. When you go makeup shopping and take your time to pick what really suits your skin. Mature skin loses its elasticity so it’s best to pick cream blush or strobe cream to prevent a dry and cakey appearance.
Keep these tips in mind when going on your next beauty haul and thank us later.
Massage your face
A nighttime skin regimen may seem trivial but the results will work wonders in the long run. Use a cleanser or oil and massage your face upwards to tighten loose skin and give your face a lifted look. Massaging helps exercise your face muscles and stops them from drooping. Make sure your cleanser or oil has a good dose of Vitamin C so that you can also boost collagen production while you massage your face.
Summer skincare regime in under Rs. 1,000
- Cleanse regularly
With sunny season going SPARTA on our skin it is necessary to have a facewash in your beauty regime that only removes oil from your face but also gives deep cleansing to your pores. Our two favourite this season are Pond’s White Beauty Facewash for everyday use and Pond’s Pure White with Activated Charcoal for that deep cleaning people with trouble skin really need on a regular basis.
- Moisturise your hair
You’d be surprised just how much cotton pillowcases and air-conditioning damages your hair. If you’re on a budget, choose a shampoo that not only cleanses your scalp, but also provides moisture to your hair like Dove Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo.
- Give your body some TLC
Summer is the season when your body needs you the most from inside and out. Perspiration, body odour and open pores can all lead to irritated, angry skin. Toss out drying soaps and go for something more moisturizing and fragrant like Lux Moisturising Soft Touch Bodywash that leaves a subtle, rosey scent on your skin, making you feel like a luxurious queen for hours.
- Embrace the BB cream life
Nothing irritates your skin more in summers that heavy makeup that is loaded with all sorts of wack stuff that is not all-that-great for your skin. Go easy, breezy and flawless this summer with Fair & Lovely BB Cream that is bursting with the goodness of micro vitamins that improve the overall health of your skin and SPF 15+ that acts as a shield between you and the big blazing yellow guy in the sky.